Day of Surgery Instructions
Instructions for Intravenous Sedation or General Anesthesia
1. The night before surgery, eat a light and easily digestible meal. Do not consume alcoholic beverages and make sure that you get a good nightʻs sleep.
2. Do not eat, drink, smoke anything 6 hours prior to your appointment. NO FOOD, NO SMOKING AND NO LIQUIDS (except for necessary pre-medications)
3. Your mouth and teeth should be well cleansed to avoid infection. While rinsing your mouth, avoid swallowing the water.
4. A driver must be present at all times during your surgery. You must not drive an automobile until completely recovered from anesthesia; this may take 6 - 12 hours.
5. If you are currently taking ANY medications, including Phen Fen, please inform the Doctor of the medication you are taking BEFORE your scheduled surgery date.
6. Clothing requirements: Males should wear a short sleeved shirt. Females please wear a short sleeved blouse and closed toe shoes. Shoes should be flats not heels. No jewelry, no nail polish. No shorts.
7. If you will be unable to make your appointment, please call the office 72 hours in advance.
Otherwise a $100.00 charge will be enforced.
Any Questions? Call us at (512)868-2233