For more information please call us to schedule an appointment at (512)868-2233
Instructions for Intravenous Sedation or General Anesthesia
1. The night before surgery, eat a light and easily digestible meal. Do not consume alcoholic beverages and make sure that you get a good nightʻs sleep.
2. Do not eat, drink, or smoke anything 6 hours prior to your appointment. NO FOOD, NO SMOKING AND NO LIQUIDS (except for necessary pre-medications).
3. Your mouth and teeth should be well cleansed to avoid infection. While rinsing your mouth, avoid swallowing water.
4. A driver must be present at all times during your surgery. You must not drive an automobile until completely recovered from anesthesia; this may take 6 to 12 hours.
5. If you are currently taking ANY medications, including Phen Fen, please inform the Doctor of the medication you are taking BEFORE your scheduled surgery date.
6. Clothing requirements: Males should wear a short sleeved shirt. Females please wear a short sleeved blouse and closed toe shoes. Shoes should be flats; not high heels. No jewelry. No shorts.
7. If you will be unable to make your appointment, please place a call to your office 72 hours in advance. Otherwise, a $100.00 charge will be enforced.
NOTE: Please call the office if symptoms of a head or chest cold, or any changes in your health arise. Changing your appointment may be necessary. (512)868-2233